Saturday 12 November 2011

Débuter: {Verb} To start; to begin

I love November.

As much as it signifies the year coming to a close, it brings with it a hope of the spirit of renewal.

Where I am located, the transition from season to season is barely noticeable, but it can still be felt all around us. The days are getting colder. It seems to me that Christmas is approaching way faster that I thought it would come this year.

Fall brings with it a kind of beauty that is so alluring; like a whisper. Gone are the rains of October. November's dusk cast on an almost-romantic rosy pink glow on the tops of the trees outside my window, bathing them in the evening light before the night falls. I love it that families are starting to gather, drawing close and keeping company, for comfort; for warmth.

On my way home the day before, I looked out of the window of the bus and saw a lorry transporting a glittery gold decorative Christmas tree. The light from the streetlamps was caught in its boughs, and as the lorry sped forward and the boughs swayed in the wind, I swear I thought that I saw a million stars hanging there, swinging so close to me I may actually be able to touch them.

The last two months of the year does get me in more ways than one.

Bienvenue.

This is the start of The Sunday Bakery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...